Australia, its historical past and interesting details
Australia, its history and interesting details
A brief history
Humans are considered to have arrived in Australia concerning 40,000 years back from Southeast Asia. They are the first residents, called aborigines and they have descendant still nowadays ( More on https://visa-worldwide.com/ ). The population was around a million before the European settlement and today around 350,000 people are in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in 1606 while the British landed in 1688. However it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the land for Great Britain. A British colony was set up in 1788 with about 161,000 English convicts moved and settled there. Former criminals and free settlers established six colonies which became states later. In 1901 these colonies were federated to the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was introduced that incorporated the US federal traditions as well as British parliamentary.
Several interesting information about Australia
Australia is counted one of the most one of a kind areas on the planet. From the crazy Aussie laws, which might still exist, to the weird wild life, this country is filled with strange and amazing things. Even though you might have heard of some of the Australia facts, you might find here something new. So here are some intriguing facts about Australia
- 1. About 80% of Australian animals are one of a kind – Some of the fascinating animals in the world can be found in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a variety of birds. You can find them in zoos or parks and can even find them in the wild.
- 2. The huge rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is holy to the aboriginal tribes and it has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Extremely about 2.5 km of this rock is thought to be underground and connected to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
- 3. More than 60 wine areas – Traveling to Australia and not drinking wine may not be a good idea, although with such a wide variety it will be difficult to choose among them. There are many vineyards stretched across the continent and you can reach those spots to relish the exotic landscape.
- 4. Largest eco-system in the world – The Great Barrier Reef is made up of about 2500 reefs which are visible from space. Diving and snorkeling among the turtles and colorful fishes are the main highlights for a trip to Australia.
- 5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While a lot of people visit Australia for fantastic beaches, skiing enthusiasts go to the Australian Alps. Snowfall begins in June and continues till September which makes the area exquisite for skiing.
- 6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the highlight of Fraser Island, so get on a boat and check out the delights of this paradise. It excellent to find a dingo and this island has about 150 of them. Keep a safe distance as they are wild and aggressive.
- 7. Worlds greatest war memorial – Scenic and amazing landscapes along the route will get you mesmerized while traveling on the Great Ocean Road. The street was built as a memorial by the soldiers returning to their land after World War – 1.
So these were some of the fascinating details of Australia and if you wish to experience more of such awesome things, pack your bag and pay a visit to this terrific place.